Being suspicious and investigating unusual occurrence, no matter how small, will help reduce your exposure to Identity Theft and limit your losses that may have already occurred. Below are suspicious signs to be aware of if your personal information is not secure.
- Not receiving financial statements or invoices when expected
- Finding information on your credit report that you are unaware of and is not yours
- New credit card statements or account statements that are tied to accounts that you did not open
- Receiving correspondence or phone calls inquiring about purchases that you did not make
- Being denied credit unexpectedly