- Never share your Social Security Number, date of birth, account numbers or any other personal identifying information to anyone over the phone, in a response to mail that you have received, through a Website or in any e-mail correspondence. Regular e-mail is not secure and should never be used to send sensitive personal information.
- Limit the amount of personal information that you carry with you by only carrying the personal ID and credit cards that you use on a regular basis and never carry your social security card.
- Make copies of the documents in your purse or wallet so that you can contact the institutions to tell them exactly what has been stolen.
- Shred receipts, bank statements, check copies, unused credit card offers, and any other documents containing personal information.
- Be alert to missing mail. If you have not received a bank statement or another important document you are expecting, contact the sender and verify if and when they mailed it.
- When reviewing financial statements, monitor for suspicious activity or changes that you did not initiate.
- Order a free annual credit report each year by visiting online at www.AnnualCreditReport.com or call 1-877-322-8228. Experian, Equifax and TransUnion are required by law to give one free credit report per consumer each year as requested.
To report a lost or stolen CNB ATM or Debit card, please call VISA ® immediately at 800-264-5578.